
The Flat Iron Building was completed in 1917. It is 22 Stories or 285 ft.(87 m) The architects were Two men from Chicago, Daniel Burnham and John Wellborn Root. Both Architects decided to use Beaux-Arts for the design of the Flat Iron Building. Constructed with a Steel Skeleton and grayish-brown bricks, The Flat Iron Building soon became the Symbol Of New York City.Personally I like the statues at the top of the building because I think that those statues(I might be wrong)are replicas of both of the architects.I think the statues should have been a little bit bigger so people can see it more.The Flat Iron was The symbol of New York City for a very short time, pretty soon buildings like The Chrysler Building or The Empire State would have taken its place for symbol of New York. So far The Flat Iron Building seems to be almost forgotten. The World Trade Center Was New York's Symbol but now it's the Empire State again because of 9/11.The Flat Iron Building is still a historical landmark to this day.
No comments:
Post a Comment