Monday, June 18, 2007

The United Nations Headquarters


The United Nations Headquarters is where all the countries send their ambassadors to negotiate problems, the war, etc. The building was completed in 1950 shortly after World War 2. The Architect was Wallace Harrison, who designed the U.N. to be over 285 ft. tall, 38 stories. The art style he used for the building was called "Scheme 23A". The U.N. was made with Vermont marble.
The color of the building is grayish-white on the sides and on the front and back the color was black and green. The United Nations building feature the flags of the many countries who send their ambassadors to the United Nations building. The flags is the best feature because, when you see ayour country's flag you feel one of the following things: Happy, Proud, Patriotic, and a Civilized Society. If I could change anythig it would be the color of the building, I would make the United Nations building all black because I think it would look better.

No comments: