

The "Knotted Gun" also known as "Non-Violence" is one of the various sculptures feature at the United Nations Building. The "Knotted Gun" was a gift from the government of Luxembourg and was first reveiled at the U.N. in 1988. A bronze replica of a 45 calibre revolver with the barrel of the gun tied in a "Knot" hence the "Knotted Gun" nickname. The gun was first sculpted in 1980 as a peace symbol and was created by artist Karl Fredrick Reutersward, The Sculpture is Located at the Visitors Plaza. When I first saw the "Knotted Gun" I saw a symbol of peace, a gun with its barrel tied in a knot which would stop the bullet from coming out, so there would be no gunshot...hence the "Non-Violence" nickname. I thought it was an amazing sculpture that not only looked good but it says something, it represents something. An Image of a "Knotted Gun" is basically saying "Stop The Violence".
No comments:
Post a Comment